With their confirmed individuality and balance over the years, fingerprints stay the main commonplace physiological attribute in platforms that immediately realize a person's identification. This instruction manual on automated fingerprint popularity offers in-depth insurance of the newest advances and practices. Readers will locate accomplished and authoritative insurance of all of the significant techniques, subject matters, and protection equipment linked to fingerprint acceptance platforms. insurance comprises: sensing, function extraction and matching, artificial fingerprint photograph new release, indexing, and multimodal platforms.
Features & Benefits:
* Covers the newest learn in fingerprint-based reputation algorithms and methods
* offers introductory fabric on all parts and modules of a fingerprint attractiveness method *Examines layout of safe fingerprint structures
* includes precious bankruptcy overviews and summaries and constant notation, for ease of use and accessibility
* contains a DVD containing either the FVC2002 and FVC2000 fingerprint databases (full models) and a demo model of SFinGe software program (for artificial fingerprint picture new release)
* Integrates a variety of assisting graphs, tables, charts, and function info
* offers an in depth annotated bibliography of citations and literature sources.
This entire and authoritative reference, written via prime foreign researchers, covers all severe facets of fingerprint defense structures and know-how. it's a fully crucial source for all biometric defense pros, researchers, practitioners, builders, and structures directors.
About the Authors
Davide Maltoni is affiliate professor within the Dept. of Electronics, Informatics and platforms (DEIS) on the collage of Bologna, the place he additionally co-directs the Biometrics platforms Laboratory (BioLab).
Dario Maio is professor within the college of Bologna¿s DEIS, chair of Cesena campus and director of the BioLab.
Anil ok. Jain is university-distinguished professor within the division of machine technological know-how and engineering at Michigan country college. he's a fellow of the IEEE and IAPR and holds six patents on algorithms for fingerprint popularity.
Salil Prabhakar leads the algorithms examine crew at DigitalPersona Inc., the place he works on fingerprint-based biometric solutions.