By Chris Kutler
As Ruby and Rails maintains to develop, and increasingly more jobs are coming on-line that require you to successfully strengthen Ruby and Rails within the internet tier. past the Rails framework, there are nonetheless only a few confirmed instruments and IDEs to get the activity performed, a minimum of in the past. The NetBeans Ruby and Rails IDE, in response to a few, is by way of a long way the simplest and confirmed IDE in Ruby and Rails. Who would’ve notion a Java IDE may well do Ruby and Rails?
Published with the developer in brain, firstPress technical briefs discover rising applied sciences that experience the aptitude to be severe for tomorrow's undefined. Apress retains builders one step forward by way of providing key info as early as attainable in a PDF of a hundred and fifty pages or much less. discover the long run via Apress with NetBeans™ Ruby and Rails IDE with JRuby, an formally recommended NetBeans undertaking publication, that's for Ruby and Rails programmers who are looking to benefit from the NetBeans IDE to facilitate their Ruby and/or Rails internet software improvement.
- Shows you ways to exploit the NetBeans IDE 6.5 within the Ruby and Rails improvement processes
- Gives you in–depth details that will help you configure the operating surroundings in your particular Ruby interpreter, software server, and database server
- Showcases the NetBeans beneficial properties that increase your productiveness from undertaking production, to modifying, debugging, and testing
Authors Chris Kutler and Brian Leonard paintings heavily with either the builders of the NetBeans Ruby and Rails IDE undertaking and the consumer group. The authors’ in–depth wisdom of the various product beneficial properties, as well as an knowing of ways the group makes use of the product to fulfill their improvement practices, permits them to give you the fundamental info essential to successfully and successfully use the instruments of this IDE.
What you’ll learn
- Getting an absolutely useful Ruby on Rails setting up and operating with a unmarried product installation
- Abandoning the command line for all issues Rails: venture construction, GEM set up, etc.
- Working with all elements of your project—source code, databases, net servers—from a unmarried environment
- Debugging Ruby code interactively, even the Ruby on Rails resource code, to truly comprehend what the Rails framework is doing
- Running Ruby purposes at the Java VM and deploying Rails functions to Java servlet packing containers akin to GlassFish and Tomcat
Who this ebook is for
This formally recommended NetBeans venture booklet is for Ruby and Rails programmers who are looking to benefit from the NetBeans IDE to facilitate their Ruby and/or Rails net software improvement.