During Co-Vid 19 restrictions, we are still OPEN.
Boat hire is available for recreation now, but before booking a boat please read the following conditions:
In order to hire a boat: your group must live in the same household and can have up to 10 people.
All other group gatherings from separate households can only have a maximum of 10 people and must follow the 1.5m social distancing rules (check out our guide below on boating capacity) .
While on the water you must following the social distancing rules with other waterway users.
Please don't travel from further than 150 km away to hire our boats.
New boating capacity to align with social distancing laws.
XL BBQ 12 seat pontoon boat - 10 people
Large BBQ 12 seat cruiser - 8 people
10 seat BBQ cruiser - 6 people
8 seat BBQ cruiser - 5 people
7 seat polycraft - 3 people
6 seat polycraft - 3 people
Tinny 6 seater - 3 people
7 seat Cuddy Cabin - 2 people
3 seat tinny - 2 people
The water police will be doing random checks to confirm you meet these criteria.
Kayak and stand up paddle board hire is still available as a good form of healthy fun exercise. Takeaway coffee, bait, tackle, drinks, ice-creams and snacks are also available.
To ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we are applying stringent measures to ensure the shop, boats and paddle craft within each transaction or hire remain sanitised.
Find us at our van on the bank of the Maroochy River near Chambers Island.
The wonderful Maroochy River is one of the Sunshine Coast's premier recreation areas - the Aboriginal word 'Maroochy' means 'Place of Black Swans' which features highly in Aboriginal legend. A swan has been our logo and our name since the 1960's and is very fitting with the area.
- Experience, explore and enjoy the magnificent river and its many tributaries. Get a group together or go out on your own for a fish, barbeque or paddle.
- At Swan Boat Hire, you have the freedom and independence to easily drive your own boat to wherever your heart desires!
- Find us opposite Chambers Island (next to the BBQ/Picnic area) in the Swan Boat Hire truck.
- The picturesque Maroochy River is one of the Sunshine Coast's premier recreation areas – offering many beautiful spots for relaxing in your own patch of nature.
- Spend the day dropping a line at a top fishing spot. The river is well known as a popular fishing ground with bream, whiting and flathead being the main catch. Tailor, mullet, mangrove jack and black bream (luderick) are also caught in the winter months, and jew are caught in the area around the Cod Hole.
- You can buy tackle, a range of frozen bait for your fishing needs, along with ice, drinks, snacks and icreams from our our van.
- Go sight-seeing, bird-watching or just observe the ecosystem at your own pace! You will discover the unique environment of the river system which is navigable up beyond Dunethin Rock picnic area (approximately 20km from the river mouth).
- Stop for a barbeque in a Pontoon Boat, pack a picnic to have at one of the parks along the way or call in for a pub lunch at the Waterfront Hotel. Swan Bites (take-away next door) can also provide you with drinks, snacks, and a delicious lunch of hot food, scrumptious gourmet burgers, sandwiches or seafood to go!
- For fun on the water – try our fleet of quality, clean, comfortable and safe boats.
- We aim to provide our customers with a fun and memorable experience on the river and hopefully catch a few fish too.
- There are over twenty boats – 2-6 seater tinnies, 6- 7 polycraft bow riders, 6 seater polycraft cuddy cabin, BBQ cruisers for 8-10 and luxury pontoon BBQ boats with toilets for up to 12 people.
- Also available are paddle craft : 1-3 person canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards.